top of page

Working with contractors (US): W-9 and 1099 forms

We ask W-9 forms from contractors so we can get their information and we keep that so later, we can give them an IRS 1099 form. If they are paid more than $600, we are obligated to send 1099 form to contractors and to IRS. If less than $600, no need to send 1099 form to contractors and IRS.

Every January, we calculate total amount paid to instructors in 2023. Contractors do not include corporation or a business.

Instructors are contractors.

Some studio owners are contractors, some are not. If a studio Karin of D Dance Studio said she's not a corporation and just a DBA, so we will have to calculate also how much we paid her.

Other studios in Vegas or elsewhere maybe the same case.

Another IRS requirement is W-2, which is the form we need from employees. Movers and Shakers only have a single employee registered (which is Danny himself), as a legal requirement. Everybody else is a contractor.

Related Posts

Ordering Movers and Shakers Instructor T-shirts

Instructors are expected to wear Movers and Shakers t-shirts during their class sessions, which we facilitate by handling the ordering and processing of these garments. This is the SOP for t-shirt pro

Handling corporate accounts

From time to time, we receive requests from corporate clients to participate in the form of: Television appearance Performance at an event Workshop for a group of people (academic schools/department i


Commenting has been turned off.

© 2023 MaS Dance, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

bottom of page